Thursday 24 February 2011

There be Pirates!



The great thing about cruising is the people you meet. Everyone pulls together to help each other out. In the Cape Verde Islands I used the local internet cafe and picked-up a computer virus on my memory stick. Sadly it not only infected the computers on board but has corrupted all my photos. I just hope that there is some way to recover them on my return.

The good news is that thanks to the crew of Jinja I'm back in business. Computer is mended, camera is working, and new photos will be uploaded. Normal blog is now resumed! This photo of a dodgy looking character was taken on St Vincent in Wallilabou Bay....the Set is still there, now sadly dilapidated, like so much in the Caribbean, but worth the visit.

Back home gulls sitting in the rigging can be a big nuisance. Out here there are no gulls, Frigate birds yes, Pelicans, even parrots too, but these cause no problem, so I was amazed to look up to see, perched on the windvane above the anemometer was an Osprey! Polite requests for it to move received the same steely stare as shouts, arm waving, and stumping feet. Only as a crowd gathered did it stretch its wings and gracefully lift-off to continue his quest for lunch over the rich fishing ground of the lagoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment