Tuesday 2 August 2011

Newtown Creek - A favourite Anchorage



Finally the sun has come out, not a lot of wind, but the sky is blue(ish), and it's much warmer.

Cowes week looms and the local classics, the Portsmouth Victory Class, are readying themselves for a hectic week. It will be a memorable week of racing as this Cowes Week also celebrates the XOD's 100 Anniversary. The top helms from the Victory's have "jumped ship" to race in XOD's. Word has it that it has made their top boats sit up and take note.

Me, I'm sitting in the sun at Newtown Creek, cow's chew the cud here! Will I race in the Victory's.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris! I just read your post and then I saw a clip of a yacht being dismasted by a supertanker during one of the Cowes races. (Yes, I'm slow in checking back on your blog, but work has been taking too much time.)

    ReplyDelete