Sunday 8 March 2015

Ticking Off the Day's



Ticking off the day’s to my flight back to Gibraltar, I watched the wind. For ten days it had been a gentle westerly, perfect for sailing into the Med, and along the beautiful Costa Del Sol, to Almerimar. Back on the boat, it’s 22’C sitting in the sun. Just a pair of shorts and a cold beer, the tan is returning – but the wind had seen me coming.

When the Levanter blows it comes from the east, it’s unforgiving, 30kts, 40kts, then 50kts, day after day. It’s still shorts weather, but I’m stuck here again! Never mind there’s a boat to polish, and shopping to be done.
Better top-up whist I’m here……



That’s per litre, and some places are even cheaper!!

PIRACY? Industrial espionage? Or has the Victory Class gone into property development?



Finally the wind drops. It’s time to go.

1 comment:

  1. It's that magic arrow on the mast: it knows where you're going and points the way!

    ReplyDelete